Tuesday, March 11, 2008

John McCain Makes Me an Offer I Can't Refuse

by Ken Houghton

I get e-mail:
My Friends,

Last week, I was humbled to win the support of 1,191 delegates and officially become the presumptive nominee of our party. It was a great honor to also receive the endorsement of President Bush and visit the Republican National Committee to begin laying out our strategy for victory in November. We face a tough challenge, but I'm confident that together we will win....

The Democratic nominee will increase the size of the federal government, raise your taxes, and withdraw our armed forces from Iraq's front lines based on an arbitrary timetable. My commitment will be to cut taxes, reduce the size of government and bring the war to the swiftest possible conclusion without leaving the region in chaos, or an enemy emboldened to attack us elsewhere with weapons we dare not allow them to possess. [boldface his]

He's got my vote with that strategy. I just want to know: will he do it with mirrors (1980), or writing $200 million a day in hot checks (1988)?

Labels: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?