Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Random Bullets of 4 March 2008
by Tom Bozzo
...while I'm still recovering from a weekend of de-icing the driveway — with a pickax!
- Total Drek on immunization: There is no idea so good that someone won't object to it.
- Marx (Groucho) via Clive Crook: “The secret of success in life is sincerity. If you can fake that, you’ve got it made.”
- How I Did It, by Nancy Nall Derringer. Splash one wingnut! Via Lance.
- Robert Waldmann reminds the Democratic candidates that you don't have to be evil to be Rovian. My sense is that at least David Plouffe knows this, which is why the Obama campaign has brilliantly pitched its tent right on McCain's centrist reformer turf. Hillary Clinton, not so much. Though McCain may well just commit political suicide in trying so hard to establish his conservative bona fides that even the press corps starts to believe him.
- Rob Horning at the Other Marginal Utility recounts Nouriel Roubini's 12 steps to financial disaster. Roubini's "been scarily proven right about a lot of things in the past few months." Praise the Euro and pass the ammo?! Relatedly, Tom Toles remains a Priceless National Treasure.
- Nina Camic tours what remains of early Madison.
- Marc Andreessen gives his big-donor insider's perspective on Obama.
- Paul Banas: Without interoperability, social networking sites are the AOLs of the zilches.
- Passing of a legend: After a five-year mission proving the limits of how Star Wars geeks (myself included) can be separated from their money, the LEGO Imperial Star Destroyer is on clearance. The typical life of a set is 1-2 years.
Labels: Random Bullets