Tuesday, October 09, 2007

'Party of Ideas' Watch

by Tom Bozzo

There are a lot of people who don't believe in a college education.
-Mike Mikalsen, professional outraged guy and research assistant to professional outraged guy and University of Wisconsin System critic Rep. Steve Nass, explaining why his boss is not so concerned with getting Wisconsin high schoolers ready for college.

Isthmus story via Barry Orton. Read the rest as you care to see a very angry Republican couple couple of Republicans in action. Maybe if their party allowed them to get married, or something?

On Rep. Nass's reported F in a class at Whitewater, Barry says, "'Dad, I got a bad grade because I was defending your conservative values and the professor is a Commie.'" Heh indeedy. I got the one and only F of my life on the Fascism midterm in "Communism, Fascism, and Democracy" class (poli sci). I didn't particularly like the professor, but when I went to discuss the results, he made a persuasive case that what I'd written wasn't totally wrong but was non-responsive. Remarkably, the solution to passing the class was harder work on my part, rather than agreeing or disagreeing with the prof.

Labels: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?