Friday, September 09, 2005

Beyond The Zero

by Tom Bozzo

A couple weeks ago, I returned from a mid-week vacation to find an Apple Mighty Mouse deposited on my office chair. I hadn't even gotten around to complaining about the deceased scroll wheel on the Dell optical mouse that came with my newish work computer!

I mostly like the Mighty Mouse, though Windows XP doesn't support the horizontal and diagonal scrolling features, and it did take some time to get used to the way it senses left- versus right-clicks. (Rather than having two physical buttons like most PC rodentia, it uses a touch sensor to figure out what side of the mouse you were pressing; it assumes a left-click if you are touching both sides.)

Thing is, I'm now doing phantom right-clicks at home on the standard one-button mouse that shipped with the iMac. I feel like one of Pavlov's dogs, only with more esoteric training.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?