Friday, April 14, 2006

Fixing a Hole?

by Ken Houghton

Despite Tom's cue line, I'm going to deal for now with more important and relevant stuff--bridging the generation gap from me to Quinn and John.

This article, while too cynical in tone even for me, makes the case for the pre-Twain copyright laws, especially here:
Hopefully this means Paul McCartney will no longer feel obliged to record abortions such as Mull of Kintyre and Rupert and the Frog Chorus, while Ringo –famously described by John Lennon as 'not the best drummer in the World, not even the best drummer in The Beatles' - can finally stop narrating episodes of Thomas the Tank Engine. [emphasis mine]

From those of us who were alive when the Beatles were a band to those of you who are left with the hardest-working-recovering-alcoholic-with-the-least-talent-in-show-business narrating your children's shows, we can only hope you realise that there were greater things in life. And, to parphrase (badly) the band whose cover of Batman was one of the first singles I ever bought, "Hope I Stop Recording before I get boring."
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?