Thursday, November 03, 2005

Heckuva Job, Brownie!!

by Tom Bozzo

AP: Brown Discussed Wardrobe During Katrina:

"My eyes must certainly be deceiving me. You look fabulous — and I'm not talking the makeup," writes Mr. Smithers Cindy Taylor, FEMA's deputy director of public affairs to Brown on 7:10 a.m. local time on Aug. 29.

"I got it at Nordstroms," Mr. Burns Brown writes back. "Are you proud of me? Can I quit now? Can I go home?" An hour later, Brown adds: "If you'll look at my lovely FEMA attire, you'll really vomit. I am a fashion god."

A week later, Brown's aide, Sharon Worthy, reminds him to pay heed to his image on TV. "In this crises and on TV you just need to look more hardworking ... ROLL UP THE SLEEVES!" Worthy wrote, noting that even President Bush "rolled his sleeves to just below the elbow."


Bush:

Now, you asked what mistakes. I made some mistakes in appointing people, but I'm not going to name them. I don't want to hurt their feelings on national TV.

Yeeeaarghh!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?