Friday, November 04, 2005
Tax "Reform" Greatest Hits
by Tom Bozzo
A busy day ahead will prevent me from saying more about the Tax Reform Panel's magnum opus until the weekend, but if you want to read up on some of the issues that have been crossing my mind, here are a few highlights from the archives:
- The "blue state tax" is really a wacky Republican war on the upper middle class.
- Does it make sense to raise the price of locally provided public services?
- Consumption taxes aren't all their proponents crack them up to be.
- Pity the poor Alternative Minimum Tax.
- Progressives can reasonably pass on progressive wage taxation.
- Increase your taxes with the Simplified Income Tax.