Thursday, December 08, 2005

A Day In The Life Of A Meme

by Tom Bozzo

Janelle Renée of Just Thoughts tagged me with this chestnut, which many of you regular blog-followers may have seen elsewhere:

1. Go into your archives.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag five other people to do the same thing.

This is easy for Janelle, whose posts happen to be sequentially numbered. I had to count, and barring any mistakes on my part, the 23rd Marginal Utility post is from September 26, 2004, when I was writing to nobody in particular. (I don't have the Site Meter data for that week, but I averaged three daily visits the week before and six the week after; the 7-day moving average is 118 as of this writing.) The post consists of five sentence fragments. The fifth is:

"Friday night, Monroe Street near Edgewood College."

The location is here. The context is here. Check out the archive links in the sidebar if you care to see more of my youthful blog-optimism.

I'm not sure if I have any other meme-friendly blogpals who haven't already done this one, but you know who you are.
Comments:
I don't know if I have 23 posts between all of my three blogs...

Aha. My original blog (started Dec 2002) had its 23rd post on 12 March 2004. (Why some program thinks that blog is worth nearly $4,000 is beyond me, but I'll sell it 'as is' for $2,500.)

However, there is only one sentence to the post.

Maybe Bryan is more verbose.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?