Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Carbon Trading, Anyone?

by Tom Bozzo

The next two weeks are the Revenge of the Hail as the body shop attempts to undo the $4400 in damage the April storm inflicted on my poor baby car. Bike commuting, which I've been doing 4 days most work weeks (basically, as weather permits), will be slightly less discretionary for a while.

If you're feeling guilty about driving some ridiculously large SUV to work, Starbucks, etc., I have 2-3 kg/day in carbon dioxide offsets to sell you to assuage your guilt. Complete markets in everything?
Comments:
Great offer, Tom. My CO2 footprint at the moment is also nobly limited to, you know, breathing and having the lights on. Shall I sell you my share? You can go retail!
 
Xtin, we just need to figure out your counterfactual CO2 emissions once I have the exchange set up. (Which may make for an unusual scenario: 'buy my CO2 credits, or else I'll buy a car and emit myself.') Does Prof. Agent Smith drive much? You could use him as a proxy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?