Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Big Brother(s)

by Anonymous

Remember when you were a kid and went on family vacations and had to share the backseat of the family station wagon (or Dodge van, in my case)? And after about ten minutes of looking at the passing landscape, your older brother decided that poking you would be far more entertaining? And you hated it and whined, "stop it!," but he kept poking and poking until your dad said, "if you two don't knock if off, I'm going to stop the car!"? And your older brother's ingenious, if not terribly original, solution to avoiding both boredom and Dad's wrath would be sit with his arm outstretched and finger within an inch of your arm, but dutifully not touching you? And you would keep saying, "stop it" and Dad would bellow, "kids!" and your older brother would say, innocently, "what, I'm not touching her! It's not my fault if she's whining."?

Well, I do, and for some reason I was reminded of it when I read this:
"What it should be seen as by Iran or anyone else is that [the buildup of warships in the Persian Gulf] is for regional stability and security," Aandahl said. "These ships are just another demonstration of that. If there's a destabilizing effect, it's Iran's behavior."

Original story here.

Labels: ,

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?